11 October 2007

My half-day at the People's Law School

On this past Saturday I spent the morning at the University of Houston at the  People's Law School. It was great. They have a menu of seven or eight items and you get to choose three. I chose legal research, consumer law, and business law. About forty students in a class and there was opportunity to ask questions. Good information, good questions, good answers. There is a link on their web site to the legal research powerpoint slide pack, and in there are links to many different web sites with legal information. Statutes, cases, &c. All free. Also they gave out a free copy of the book "Know Your Rights", by the People's Lawyer (Professor Richard Alderman).

No comments:

disclaimer

Please see paragraphs 8.4, 8.5 in the Google Terms of Service document!

About Craig

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I have been living in the lovely neighborhood of Spring Branch in the great city of Houston since late in 2005. I started out with the idea of making this blog about my life in this neighborhood. That did not last long. Right now I am posting every five days on the alternating topics of literature, philosophy, psychology, and metaphysics. This project has been ongoing since July 27, 2010 and I believe it will continue for at least a few more months.